Sunday, April 14, 2013

And it's time again for a lazy product update! The truth is, I haven't been wearing anything too interesting due to work (and the polos and jeans that go along with it) but that will hopefully be changing soon. For now, I figured I'd toss up a quick post about some of the awesome drugstore finds I've picked up lately.

I have a habit of skulking around Sephora and Nordstrom when it comes to finding beauty care and make up and that practice can pulverize your funds pretty quickly. Also, my mother, who shares my Sephora addiction just moved to a rural area and she's been reduced to hopping into the local duggist to find her toilette. I found all these items at Walgreens and so can you (and her)!

 photo drugstorefinds_zps5bd4f7ab.jpg

1. Neutrogena Night Calming Make Up Remover Wipes - In the past, I haven't been the biggest fan of Neutrogena's products. In my teens they had a habit of irritating my skin, but given the bizarre chemistry fluxes that accompany puberty, that's not exactly shocking. Luckily, my skin has grown past that and has fallen twitterpated with these wipes. They're incredibly soft and gentle and carry with them a wonderful hint of lavender. One of my favorite impulse buys to date.

2. L'Oreal Nail Polish in Violet Vixen - I probably have about 85 different incarnations of the shade magenta and hold absolutely no compunctions about continuing to add to the clowder. It's ladylike without being a sissy, it's bold and graphic without being obnoxious. Magenta is a fabulous color and everyone should have a few versions of it. Or 85, as the case may be. This particular shade is a creme based that gives complete coverage in about two applications and looks killer and glossy after tossing some Seche Vite on top.

3. Lubriderm Advanced Therapy - This one has been around forever, but I'd never given it a second thought before last week. My hands have been a mess lately due to work, climate changes and general neglect. Over spicy tuna rolls and mochi ice cream, my glamour doll buddy, Kaitland announced we were going to Walgreens. I thought we were going to look at clearance makeup and maybe buy some Red Vines. Reality rode in when upon walking into the store, Kait made a beeline straight for the lotion section and tossed me a bottle of this stuff. My dirty shame had been noticed. My hands were a wreck. But luckily there was a cure. But seriously, this stuff is fantastic. Excellent coverage, absolutely no residual presence, absorbs quickly into the skin and the soft powdery fragrance that it has coming out of the bottle disappears almost the moment after it hits your skin. It's a life saver. Also, an elbow and cuticle saver.

4. Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher - Another friend rec, this time from my girl E. I don't think most girls give up searching for that perfect mascara. I'm famous in certain circles for asking beauty counter clerks to make me look like a street walker when it comes to my lashes. I love big, dramatic, ridiculous lashes but I am both too lazy and too damned incompetent to apply falsies properly. Ergo, I keep lusting after this fool's dream of a mascara that will do this for me straight out of the tube. It's never going to happen, but I've come close a couple of times, the first time is with Dior's Diorshow New Look mascara, which supplies the look, but has a sticky formula that takes forever to dry and smudges pretty readily. The second is with this Cover Girl in the green tube. I'm quite taken with it and really like how clean my lashes look after application.

5. Revlon Just Bitten in Crush - I've tried this line of stains before and wasn't too impressed, however, I think they've changed their formula because it no longer has the dried out chalkiness that I experienced with my previous stick. I'm always hunting for a good stain and love the idea of one that is in stick form as the liquid ones tend to have an uneven application and are generally just a pain in the ass. It's a great alternative to lipstick since I refuse to go bare lipped but loathe hearing bellyaching over getting lipstick on someone I've just kissed. It's a sheer berry color that doesn't look too far afield of someone's possible natural lip shade and to me that's just perfect.

I'm hoping to get a proper outfit post in here soon, guys, but for now, I share with you the fact that I have gone red:

 photo samsamsam_zps74b24aa2.jpg  


No comments:

Post a Comment